Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A pain in the neck...

I like this cartoon--look at Humpty's face!!! hahaha!

So this week was a good one. I got asked this week to work with the beehives: 12-13 year old girls! I'm super pumped about it. It means that every sunday I get to give their lesson, and do activities during the month and stuff. This past Tuesday was the first mutual night I'd be able to go to. It was a really rainy night. I was sitting at a traffic light, waiting to turn right when I feel someone run into my car! No, not my new car! (yes, those were my first thoughts) Boo... So we pull over, i call the cops, all the good stuff. His car was pretty messed up, but luckily I just had some damage to the bumper. I've decided that by running into someone you get like, triple punishments. 1) your car usually gets hurt way more than the car you ran into. 2) you get the ticket. 3) your insurance most likely goes up. 4) you have to pay for damage to your car AND the other persons', plus any medical bills and stuff. (ok or the insurance pays, same diff.) Looks like it's actually quadruple punishment instead of triple. Needless to say, I missed mutual. And I got whiplash! I thought that an accident had to be bad to get it, but I guess not. So like Mr. Dumpty over here, I'm headed to the chiropractor.

On a better note... one of the coaches at my school made me a paperclip bracelet, from colored paperclips. I wear it almost everyday! hahaha, mostly not to offend him. ;)

I guess that's all the interesting things I have to share.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! On all accounts. I am so jealous you are working with the young women. If I were in a family ward I think that's where I would wish to be. Does Liz have a calling? I can't believe your car was in a fender bender. So what happens? When can you get your car fixed and get it back to normal? I'm so sorry. How did it happen, did they just not stop soon enough, was it slippery? I just can't imagine that happening. That's my biggest fear while Jayson is driving hahaha because he doesn't brake at the time I would, I'm always scared that we will hit someone, but of course I love him!! And since I don't want to drive i'll just have to deal with it. :-) I hope things work out and that you are still able to drive and all that in between getting it fixed. I love you, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mijn Engels is heel gebrekkig en de computervertaling ook nog niet zo best...Toch een beetje kunnen volgen! Goede raadgevingen...Gevoel,verstand,voorzichtigheid..
    goed bewegen..
    Advies huisarts voor chiropractor?? Ik zou geen
    goede dokter zijn: Jij pijn: ik ook pijn...
    Veel sterkte, beterschap en liefs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chiropractor= bottenkraker? Ik vind het doodeng.Sterkte.

    ReplyDelete