Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I can't believe I didn't throw up...

Great title... :) To protect those involved, I won't use names. But I was riding in the car with a certain someone who wasn't feeling well. As we were slowing down approaching a red light, this certain someone asked for a bag or container of some sort. I grabbed a grocery bag from the back seat just in time--This certain someone puked his/her guts out into the bag!!! Luckily there were no holes in the bag, because we were in my car--my NEW car. Usually if someone throws up it starts a chain reaction, right? Well all I could do was laugh--HARD! So hard I started crying. I don't know what got into me, or why I didn't puke too. I think it was my survival instinct :) (there wasn't another bag, so my puke would have gone everywhere) It was just so absurd! By the time the light turned green we were good to go! Again...so absurd!

Next issue I can't believe I didn't throw up from...a YSA conference! hahaha... Ok, maybe that was a little harsh. But I really was nervous that it would be kinda lame, or that there wouldn't be very many people there. Turns out there was a pretty good crowd, I got something out of all the classes, and I met some cool people. It was also fun to have a little road trip with Liz. (shout out!) There was this point where something REALLY embarrassing happened to me, and if Liz wasn't there it would have been way bad...but she WAS there! And we got it taken care of, no problem. :D And then there was a dance. I hadn't been to a dance for a long time. It was kinda weird, to be honest. But it was fun to just let loose for a bit. I didn't realize until I got there how much I miss the social life that I had while at BYU. But hey, that page has been turned. Now I actually have to put forth some effort. It's healthy. :)

So I survived. And I didn't even throw up!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim! I would have to say you are like, Superwoman or something. I would have thrown up if I was there.

    Thanks for the shout out! :) Funny, because I almost forgot about the embarrassing moment. But, then I remembered. And I laughed. :D Ha! And did you notice you said "I survived" and that was the theme for the conference "Life survivors" or something like that. Coincidence? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so what is this embarrassing moment? You have to tell me. Text to me or something!! Wow Kim, you are a survivor!! What is up with you and making people throw up in the car when you are with them? That has happened "2" many times! HAHAHA :-) Oh I miss my sister! I'm glad you could laugh. I hope the unnamed person was okay with you laughing. I'm also glad you survived the conference. It is amazing how you have to try to have friends now. I feel the same way. I have to try to have friends now, and maintain them especially since having kids. It was so much easier being in a singles ward with roommates, or simply just being single. But that is life now. When you get married it gets a little harder, then you have kids and it's even harder. I hope you learned something. Take Care

    ReplyDelete