Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm inspired...

...to add a new post. I keep saying that I'm going to better at blogging, and i never do it. But kenna said I just need to write whatever...

I find that I like to keep my mind occupied. Why is that? I don't know. (p.s. why do i talk to myself while blogging?) If I'm ever doing anything--yes, very vague and all-encompassing, but it's true--I A) have music blaring, B) listen to an audio book, or C) have the tv on. Why can't I just enjoy the quiet? Well, I can understand the audio book, and wanting to know what happens next. But the other stuff is just to fill the empty space. Am I addicted? Am I afraid of my own thoughts? (that sounds super deep--too deep--so probably not even a valid answer choice for my rhetorical questions) Is it a way to escape from my own reality for a few minutes? If that's the case, what is there about my real life that is so bad that I need escape from it? Maybe I just plain like it. There's no harm in that. I really enjoy listening to music, it makes me feel good--especially when I can sing my lungs out b/c no one else can hear me.

I think I'll take the latter.

This whole book thing went a bit overboard last week, but I got it back under control. Not too long ago I decided to listen to the Twilight series, just for fun. Some girls at work are really into it, and I wanted to know the story line a little better. So I started with book 1. Then one day I hear about Midnight Sun, another book that tells the Twilight tale from Edward's point of view. So I start reading that, while listening to the books. (not simultaneously, but doing both) Then I decide that I need a book that I can take with me on the go. So I start reading My Sister's Keeper. I'm glad I'm a fast reader, b/c it's SUPER addicting to have 3 different plots going through your mind and wondering what's going to happen with all of them while you CAN'T listen or read. While 3 is too much, I can handle 2, and am currently reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, and listening to Twilight #3. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're reading a ton!! That is so great! I have the same problem with the quiet. I don't think I'm afraid, I simply enjoy having noise. It doesn't stop me from thinking or anything, I just don't enjoy the quiet most of the time. I have enough quiet moments. I love that you talk to yourself in your blog. I think it makes it really fun. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimby! A coworker told me that he would let me borrow all his mother's Twilight audio books if I imported them into itunes for his mom and wife in the process. I have already read the books, but have been CRUISING through the audio books at work. While reading a book at home, so I totally know what you are talking about.

    And I also dislike the quiet. I wonder if it's just a sign of our generation. Or how we were raised? I grew up with constant noise around me, my mom was always had the tv or radio on, and I have inherited that.

    Anyway. Loved your post. It's nice to get a glimpse into what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete