Thursday, August 20, 2009

Becoming a Georgia peach


So I guess I'm not quite as good at blogging as I had hoped...but here's an update:
--I got a GA driver's license. They made me surrender my UT one :( I felt like they were taking part of my identity!! The sacrifices we make...
-- I got my GA Athletic Training License! So I've been officially on the job for a little over a week now. Hooray! Now I'll get a regular paycheck! (which is really important for the next one)
-- I got a new car! And it will have GA license plates (obviously). It's a 2007 silver Toyota Corolla. It's AWESOME!! Now I know why Bean loves her car so much! Having my own car feels so great. Of course, I haven't made any car payments yet...so we'll see how long this feeling lasts.

Working at the high school is really great. I'm mostly just with the football team, but I help out other athletes when they need it. The kids are all really nice and respectful, saying "ma'am" all the time! I love the south!!

My social life consists of playing Rockband on the Wii with Liz and sometimes Nate, and sometimes the kids play too. Every Sunday we go to FHE with the other young single adults in the ward. That's about all I do. Oh and occassionally I hang out with co-workers. That's pretty fun too. So far so good here in peach country!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Kim! You sound all settled in now! And no worries, Utah will always be a part of you identity :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete