Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I love my hubby

This past week was a crazy one...to say the least.

It started off with a huge disappointment on Tuesday. The hospital refused to perform our scheduled ultrasound. How discouraging! Of course we had to wait 30-45 minutes before they officially refused. They did, however, kindly reschedule us for 4 weeks later. Our problem with this is that we had waited 6 wks for this appointment, and I'm going to Utah next week where our families are giving baby showers, and I can hopefully bring back some things for our little one. At the hospital I broke down and cried. Tim, being the wonderful man that he is, comforted me, without making me feel foolish. And the next thing he did was call the Prenatal Imaging clinic and scheduled an appointment for the next day. I love my hubby.

Wednesday we went to our imaging appointment. What a stubborn little baby! No matter how hard the ultrasound tech tried, those little ankles stayed crossed right over the genitalia. After 45 minutes of prodding, poking, vibrating, and coaxing, they finally got a couple of good looks. It's a girl!! She is going to have us wrapped around her precious little fingers.



Thursday things took a turn for the worse. Usually Thursday is a highlight of Tim's week because it's basketball night in North Augusta. I'm not going to describe all the details of that accident or that night, but Tim put it in his blog at www.tim-jensen.blogspot.com

In the ER while the doctors were taking Tim out for different scans and studies, I cried...A LOT. Even though I received several confirmations that he would be ok, I couldn't help but worry about him. Just the fact that such a serious accident occurred made me cry. I blame it on the pregnancy hormones. And though I'm not crying so much now, he's still got a semi-long road to recovery. It's been interesting talking with friends and family, because no one quite understood how bad his injuries were. And since he's home most assume that things are relatively normal. But the poor guy needs help with most normal activities like standing up, walking, eating, preparing food, getting dressed, bathing, etc. The cool part of this is that I get to help him. He feels like he's a burden and apologizes often. But being able to serve and help him so much, and being that person that he literally NEEDS has made me love him even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment